Thursday, September 9, 2010

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

Hello to all of my loyal readers out there!

Summer here in Maine was beautiful. We had beautiful weather and we spent most of the days outside. Or at least I did because I spent as much time sitting on our deck reading in the sunshine. Whenever Ryan would be off duty, we would go to the lake or go hiking. We finally met some friends up here, so it made our outdoor adventures more exciting.

Yes, you heard me right, we met a great couple that Ryan and I both get along with! Meeting Sarah and Bret was an answered prayer. I thought we would never meet anyone! Since we met back in July, we have hung out together as much as we possibly can. We have similar interests and get along great.

Ryan is doing great at work. He is almost qualified on everything that he needed to be done. He is such a hard worker and people at work are noticing. I am so proud of him! He also put his name on the AET (aviation electronics technician) A school waiting list and he should be getting ready to head there this time next year. He is also pulling his OCS package together to submit by November 1. Maybe the 5th time will be the charm? Haha. God knows the perfect time for him to go so we are just patiently waiting.

Fall is arriving here in Bass Harbor. The leaves are starting to change and the weather is cooling down to the low to mid 70s. It feels wonderful outside. I cant wait to go apple and pumpkin picking. Ryan and I have enjoyed picking the seasonal fruits and veggies this summer. We also pick tomatoes off of our tomato plants that we have growing. It is a treat to see a little green blob on the plant turn red! Ryan and I get really excited when we see them! We are also growing bell peppers but they are not ripe yet. Ryan has totally blown me away with his green thumb this summer!

Here are some pictures from the summer...

Our gigantic tomato plants


The Blue Hill Fair


A rocky beach close to our house
I made this yummy blueberry pie from blueberries that we picked out of our backyard.
One of the many hiking trips. This trail was full climbing over boulders and going under them.


1 comment:

Cassie said...

Holy smokes your tomato plants are HUGE!! That's incredible. Good work :)